So how many of you are getting to do fun activities with your children?
I have a whole list of things I would like to do, but strangely haven’t found time.
I am working a little, creating activity packs for my minded children. I am also helping my children with their school work, keeping house and sorting shopping, finances etc. All of this has left little time for other activities.
As much as I am nervous about the next two weeks without the focus of school, and with two teenagers to keep physically and mentally healthy, I think I may be looking forward to seeing if we can fit in some projects.
- My son said he’d try and teach me guitar.
- My daughter has a hilarious exercise video to try.
- We have had a 1000 piece puzzle on and off the table for about a year.
- We have 3 cake mixes in the cupboard.
- We have a whole variety of live streaming theatre productions as well as lists of films to watch.
- I myself have a drawing course book I started 4 years ago and never completed, along with a pile of unread magazines and a novella I wrote and am halfway through editing.
We all have ‘stuff’ to do and now we have time to do it. But I’m starting to wonder if it was never time that was the issue. The pull of the phone for a quick flick through social media, or a job organising a drawer seems to have much more pull.
I think next week I need to make myself do some of this stuff. Maybe once started we will never stop.
Maybe the 1000 piece jigsaw will be finished in a day, I will play guitar with the enthusiasm and skill of Eric Clapton, my children will become bakers of distinction and apply for next year’s Bake Off and we will all record our own globally successful fitness DVD.
Or maybe we will have a bit of fun and realise I still have no coordination, that the ‘burnt bits’ can be easily cut off and that the puzzle looked better on the front of the box.
Whichever, it is worth a try and hopefully a laugh or two.
What about you? What ‘stuff’ do you want to try?